95 civic won't start

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

GQMarques

GQMarquesâ„¢
1995 civic 2dr/ex coupe 1.6L -

Car won't start now. Worked just fine an hour ago. Gave no clues that the starter was going out, lights are still on and stay on when I turn the ignition. Only thing I notice is the lights on the AC buttons turn off when I turn the key. All other lights stay one... don't even dim. Before I go out and buy a new starter, how can i test my car to figure out if its the ignition switch or the starter? Any input is appreciated. Thanks,

Marquesâ„¢

if it cranks, it's not the starter. i need more info, like key position when the ac button lights turn off. When your in accessory mode, or cranking? Throwin any codes? Got any ghetto rigging of the wires goin on? listen for your fuel pump to start up as well. check for spark. come back w/ lots of info. specifics.

if it cranks, it's not the starter. i need more info, like key position when the ac button lights turn off. When your in accessory mode, or cranking? Throwin any codes? Got any ghetto rigging of the wires goin on? listen for your fuel pump to start up as well. check for spark. come back w/ lots of info. specifics.

You're right, its not the starter. I connected the two stubs and it started to crank. I went ahead and replaced the Main Relay because it smelled fried and was 12yrs old ne ways... still won't start. The fuel pump comes on in second position along with the engine light... then goes off after two seconds. I've checked all the fuses under dash and under hood, but all are good. As for ghetto rigging, I've had a quick release hub/steering wheel installed for almost a year now... done correctly, but in order to get the horn to work I had to run a wire from the old horn connection to the back of the quick release hub. Sounds ghetto, looks ghetto if u get under and look, but don't see how that could cause a problem. Aside from that I'm not too keen on what Codes are so I'm not sure how to answer that. What I can say is that the lights on my AC buttons turn off when I turn the Key to "Start" but no other lights change at that point. Any ideas? Thanks for the help.

did u ever get ur car started?

Hi was just dropping to see if anyone ever had a problem starting up a 95 civic dx coupe during when its could and on rainning days. And i notice on your page if you ever had that resolve? if you did please let me know because i have the same car and its not starting thnx.

Back