95 cx B18B1 Swap question

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

hitman4167

1. worth it? $1,500 for 00 civic si head and intake with a b18b1 bottom end with 00b16 si tranny has new halfshafts has shift linkage and 00 civic si wiring harness. "this thing runs really good and never had any issues"
2. Difficulty of swap? What all will I need? Does the 00 si head and tranny make the swap any more dificult?

I know anything is possible but I'm scared to get something that I will regret later no matter how sweet of deal it is lol. Any help, suggestions, pointers would be much appreciated.

Thanks for your time

well thats a good price if its all legit and runs good, as fr as the swap goes, you will need motor mounts, and what did the motor come out of and youre wanting it to go in the 95 cx correct

yeah its I have a 95 cx hatch. The motor came out of a 2000 civic si so I know there will probably be obd2 > 1 conversion. Not sure what year the block is. Does that even matter?

if it was me ad convert it back to obd1, but you could just get the jumper harness and leave it obd2, and block really dont matter. but if i remember correct all you will need is the motor mounts the rest should work. there are tons of swap info on this here at this site. all b series engine will be the same and take the same things to work in your car. given its not the prelude or accord b series.

Thanks for your time. I have been reading the swap articles and what not. I guess I was just "double checking." I appreciate the info for sure.

b series swaps are simple and straight forward.

The only issue i have with your setup is the b18b block with the b16 head.
while this is a common combination, i have seen very few of them actually done properly. resulting in head gasket, compression, cooling, and top end lubrication issues.

I would do a full compression test, and a leak down test before buying the setup. you could be buying a complete pain in the ass.

personally, i wouldnt buy this setup.
i would buy either a b16, or a b18c. or just a regular b18b. then do whatever conversions myself, so that way i know its done properly.

And there lies the problem with buying off craigslist lol. That definately strikes concerns lol. Thank you for your opinion. That's why I posted on here lol. I also found a d16b7 too for 600 w/auto trans, which I dont need...... maybe ill just pick that up to get me by till I find the swap I want. My d15 is on its last leg.

And there lies the problem with buying off craigslist lol. That definately strikes concerns lol. Thank you for your opinion. That's why I posted on here lol. I also found a d16b7 too for 600 w/auto trans, which I dont need...... maybe ill just pick that up to get me by till I find the swap I want. My d15 is on its last leg.

my bad. It's d15b7 from a del sol.

I found a D16z6.........
but no trans.......
I know it will bolt up to my trans but what will that do to "performance?"

Back