95 dx civic....ALL STOCK AUTOMATIC

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Boondock Saint DX

it's in great shape but i dunno if this car is worth it....i think i can make somthing out of it....but i dont know i need many tips..i either will try to make something out of it, not change it at all and wait for my next car...or convert it to 5 spd so i can practice my clutch skills....how much would that conversion cost and would you recommend doing that with a stock motor? thanks guys im fairly new.

Originally posted by Boondock Saint DX@Jul 14 2005, 10:21 PM
it's in great shape but i dunno if this car is worth it....i think i can make somthing out of it....but i dont know i need many tips..i either will try to make something out of it, not change it at all and wait for my next car...or convert it to 5 spd so i can practice my clutch skills....how much would that conversion cost and would you recommend doing that with a stock motor? thanks guys im fairly new.
[post=526415]Quoted post[/post]​

:no:

Start over dude, sell your auto to a nice little old lady and buy a stick.... you'll thank me l8r....

Things that you need....
d-series shift linkage and shifter (40 maybe?)
d-series tranny (preferbally from a d16z6 or d16y8 as that is the sportiest tranny for that engine) (100-300)
either chip your ECU to a manual or buy a new one (almost free-50 off ebay)
auto to tranny conversion mount through hasport (150)
Manual tree pedal set (20-50)
Clutch master cylinder (maybe 20)
Pipeing for clutch line 10-15
peice of sheet metal and calk from home depot 10
Manual front tranny mount (free-10)

Do this yourself and it will be so much cheaper

Start over dude, sell your auto to a nice little old lady and buy a stick.... you'll thank me l8r....

why not? I dont see nothing wrong by doing this swap....I did mine and it was a cake..Get all that stuff that asmallsoll mentioned above....
another thing you might have to do is wire your revesre lights..Piece of cake...
Let us know when you're ready to swap....

dont worry about it...You'll get that done in no time....

Good luck!

yea, there is a LITTLE bit of wireing, but nothing too terrible. Search for auto to manual conversion with me as the creator and you will see a few pretty detailed posts about the swap. It really isn't too hard.

2 other things that I forgot to mention, one being extremly important and a detail alot of people miss.

New/used flywheel and clutch (20-400)
MUST GET, flywheel bolts, as the automatic flexplate bolts are slightly smaller then manual flywheel bolts. I have heard horror storys where people try and put these on manual flywheels and after time, become loose, and now you have a big heavy metal disc giving loose at 7000 RPMs. That has enough stored energy to bust through bell housing, through the fire wall, and do serious or even fatal damage to the occupents inside the cabin. Also, get clutch/pressure plate bolts. Both are EXTREMLY expensive (like $8 a bolt) from honda, but you NEED them.

Originally posted by Boondock Saint DX@Jul 17 2005, 03:54 PM
kk how much is this totally up to, do you recommend getting a used flywheel and clutch?
[post=527619]Quoted post[/post]​

get a calculator, damn man.....

Used clutch=crap clutch.. if you're in that deep, replace the clutch/pressure plate/throw out bearing... Used flywheels are generally fine, just be sure to get it machined.

Back