95 Eg D16 Build

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Kevrozayy

My 95 auto eg civic with d16z6 motor needs more power. Those who know pf the 125hp 1.6L beast lol . Current probs is antifreeze burns in the exhaust. Some say its the warped head and some say its the valve cover gasket. I have no clue. And the auto tranny slips in 2nd it feels as if it holds for too long . Mechanics told me the tranny always been messed up so i want to make that stronger before i continue with forced induction. Any ideas ? Ps: i want to fix tranny 1st before anything . Rebuild or make stronger . Anything to make it better thanks !

Just thinking about the little knowledge that I have, I don't think it could be the valve cover because the only thing that will do is leak oil. ^_^
It may be a warped head but I don't have any idea what a warped head would do. So I at least eliminated one of your ideas to help you narrow it down. You say its antifreeze in the exhaust? Do you leak coolant or finding yourself having to keep filling it up?

Yeah sounds like headgasket, pull off the head and inspect.

I'd convert to manual with an Si trans, MUCH better gearing and should make the car feel more powerful. Then do a tune up, make sure timing is set and little shit like that. Intake/header/exhaust will make it breathe better and gain a little HP. Learn to drive the car before adding lots of HP, after the motor is singing I'd work on suspension & brakes.

Back