95 Ex Coupe W/o Rear Discs

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

lp10242k

:angry: i thought that the EX came standard with rear discs? I was changing my wheels from the ones one the car when i bought it and guess what i see? REAR DRUMS? What parts, and from what cars, are needed to convert to rear discs?

Originally posted by lp10242k@Jan 16 2003, 11:50 AM
:angry: i thought that the EX came standard with rear discs? I was changing my wheels from the ones one the car when i bought it and guess what i see? REAR DRUMS? What parts, and from what cars, are needed to convert to rear discs?

ok you will need to get a 92-95 civic si hatch get the brake lines the whole suspension from the rear get the Ebrake and maybe the master cylinder from the engine compart ment ....... watch out for the rear struts they freeze on the bottom from that stupid rubber gromet that holds it on the car. to bypass taking that off just take the control arms off from the body to the hub and just use the strut from that new suspension good luck man

why do you want to change over to disk? do you have a problem stoping right now? most people tend to do it just becuase its cool not as much of it working I've heard nothing but bad things about doing the change over UNLESS you swap everything from under the hood all the way back
if it was my car I would replace the lines with some steel break lines then put sloted/drilled rotors up front with some good pads
after doing that if you still have problems stoping then go with the change over

you need to upgrade all the parts I listed anyways so why not start with them save you a good bit of time and money if it works well

Jeff

Originally posted by jeffie7@Jan 16 2003, 03:16 PM
I've heard nothing but bad things about doing the change over UNLESS you swap everything from under the hood all the way back

like what? i did a rear disc conversion and only got steel braided lines, but left everything else, the car stops great! what bad things have you heard?

LMAO B16. Not to mention those big ass wilwood's up front too! :D :D I have a 95EX myself and have put on cross drilled rotors up front with AEM brake pads(originally I had Axxis metal masters). Next is Steel braided lines. As of now I stop fine. But I still want the lines. I was concidering the rear disc conversion after that. just get cross drilled or slotted rotors 1st and see how you like those.

Back