95 Hatch Front Clip Conversion- HELP!

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Status
Not open for further replies.

NOSescalade

Whats up guys, im new here and I didnt really know where to post this so move it if nesseccary.
Heres my question:

I just bought a 95 hatch off a neighbor that is in very good condition but was in an accident so the front end (from the wheels forward) has been cut off and the engine removed. I bought it for $200 dollars and thought it was a steal seeing as the rest of the body is in great condition. I need to know what would be involved in getting a new front clip for this thing and installing it... What will fit it, how hard this is to do, problems I may encounter etc. Any help would be appreciated and I will have pics soon so you guys can see what im dealing with.

I was thinking of converting it to an Integra in the front, but the whole reason I wanted a 95 was cause I love the design!

Let me know your oppinions on what I should do here! Thanks -Andre

um you ever see pimp my ride? where the guy brought in two cars that were put together with glue? its kinda like that yes you can weld it but its still two dif car stuck together. if it was just the head lights you wanted to convert or something like that that invoved the whole car thats one thing but i dont know if id feeel safe driving soemthing like that. if anyting sell what you have for parts or make some wacky tricked out rear motor caontraption and sell it on ebay

Can someone who knows what theyre talking about answer this please?

I mean I know they make those drift cars with like the front of a silvia and the back of a 240 or some crazy sh*t like that so it doesnt seem too out of the question...

yeah but doin crazy struff like that takes alot of body work and experience. thats no walk in the park..

what are you just missin the bumper? or the whole thing, i.e rad support and what not?

Well i think they guy you wanna talk to is responding now... but it is simple you need a few key parts depending on what is missing and depending on what you want to accomplish.

hay man ok so you will nedd to know how to weld among other things you will need a front clip and all the required tools to get it in correct alignment. as for the body work installing and welding on the suports and the inner frame will be the hard part then its just bolting stock piecs up to a stock location. also what kind of title does the car have? with that kind of extensive damage your tittle may be write off? ass for the integra clip the fenders also need to be cut and re fitted to match the hatches body lines not worth while i would sugest selling it for 200 and saving your time and money and buy a complete car with a blown engine than swap motors. I would not even bother with this car personaly and i take on soem wild projects. You need to ask your self is the cost of a welder, paint, tools, a new clip, and 100hrs worth your time?

:( how much do you guys think I could get a good condition hatch with no motor? I just saw this thing and sorta bought it without even thinking of when needed to go into it you know cause I wanted this sh*t so bad. If I bought another 92-95 for cheap and just chopped that would that be more realistic, cause a conversion isnt a must really...

The guy I bought it from knows f*ckin everything and then some about cars and has been building them for over 30 years. He had told me I could do another front end but I just wanted to make sure. I will not be doing the welding and I will be having someone who is very good at welding doing it instead and Im going to make sure everything is done top notch if I go ahead with this.

Also, When I say it has been cut, I mean everything from just in front of the front wheels, chassis and all has cleanly been cut off due to front end damage but the rest of the car is in very good condition. Body panels have no dings or anything, the chassis isnt tweaked at all, everything is ligned up straight and looks good.

By any means I dont expect this customization to be easy, but for 200 dollars for this car, being the exact one I want, engine already out and the car already to be built I just see so much potential.

That being said gimme some more input!

This topic has been closed :locked:

Why? It is in the wrong place. Please post your topic in the right forums. Hybrid is not for suspension or interior posts. EG is not for EF questions, and so forth.

If you have any questions, please PM the moderator who closed this topic.

-The moderating Team

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back