95 Hatch with an H22.. some starter questions

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

H22 EG DUDE

Just bought this car, the swap looks pretty clean, wires look good, and no real major issues...

I do have a few questions..

1. Vtech, seems alittle weak, I have never rode in a eg with an H22, but I was expecting alittle more..
2. Car is running on a P28 that the previous owner said had H22 base maps in it.. what do you guys think?
3. After a hard pull, the car smells like it is burnin oil, I did a compression test, and had 200 psi across all 4.. is that normal?

Thanks for the help.. sorry these are some noob questions, just need some help with my new toy

1. what do you mean v-tec is a little weak? its either working or its not.
2.h22 base maps? is the p28 ecu chipped or is it stock? also is this an h22a or h22a4?
3.could be a valve seat leaking? but not for sure on that one.

Vtec seems to be workin, I can hear the cross over, but the motor seems flat uptop, lackin in power..

He said it was chipped, I will open it up and see if I can tell on that one.

That's what I was thinking, maybe valve seals leakin alittle down.. I am pullin the valve cover off and re-sealin it, seems to have a small leak into on of the spark plug holes, but not bad enough to cause any issues, I would think.

Fixed..

found a small oil leak coming from the oil pressure sensor, on the back of the block. Fixed that, and WHOA.. Vtec works now... Totally different car..

Thanks for the ideas.

Back