95 hatch with k20 or a older 240 with an sr20

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Spec Miata drivers are nuts. I've considered running the class. My step-father has a 91 1.6L miata with hardtop just sitting there. But, I want to run HC too bad. :)

I'd go with the 240 if I had to choose between those two.

Boost, RWD > N/A, FWD

Not only the fun factor but the improved handling and cost plays a part too. The SR20DET is a lot cheaper than a K20, it's also a lot cheaper to put in the car also.

With the amount of money you'd spend for a K series in the EG, I could have a 350+ hp SR20DET.

Quoted post[/post]]
I'd go with the 240 if I had to choose between those two.

Boost, RWD > N/A, FWD

Not only the fun factor but the improved handling and cost plays a part too. The SR20DET is a lot cheaper than a K20, it's also a lot cheaper to put in the car also.

With the amount of money you'd spend for a K series in the EG, I could have a 350+ hp SR20DET.

Thats why there are many more SR20'd 240sx's out there than K20 EG's . . . the SR just responds so much better to mods than the k20 does.

yeah i suppose, what would be the benefit of maybe going rb25det?
is it a harder swap? Is it worth the extra cash?

harder swap, yes. but there are parts available now that make it pretty easy.

250 out of the box, under-rated. inline 6 instead of inline 4. indestritible block, very good head, and with the gts-t tranny, its still rwd

its a lot more involved than say, a b-series in a civic, but the end result is so worth it.

add a MBC and you can have close to 300 whp

Quoted post[/post]]
harder swap, yes. but there are parts available now that make it pretty easy.

250 out of the box, under-rated. inline 6 instead of inline 4. indestritible block, very good head, and with the gts-t tranny, its still rwd

its a lot more involved than say, a b-series in a civic, but the end result is so worth it.

add a MBC and you can have close to 300 whp

:withstupid:

also being the proud owner of an s13, i have to say, go that route. with the stock K24 this car is so much more fun than both my integra was and my SE-R.

and you can buy an S13 and get an SR in it for less than 4k if you do it right. you cant even buy a K20 for that. getting an EG and a K20 is gonna cost you 7k minimum. and for that you could have a turbo RWD fun machine that runs 13s and is a blast to drive.

Back