95 Honda Civic

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Teufel

Just bought a 95 Honda Civic. This is a complete project car for me. The car is clean. After visiting the local mechanic to get a printout of problems it came back with a clean bill of health except needs a front end alignment.

Naturally the D17B7 needs to come out... But my question is .... what will go in with relative ease. I was thinking maybe a B18C GSR. But to be honest. Never touched a Honda before my last project car was a Volkswagen Golf.

So any hints on what can easily be dropped into the 95 Civic but also needing something I can either Turbo or Supercharge ( haven't decided yet... leaning more toward Supercharge cause I Turbo'd the Golf )!?!

I put a b18 in my cx with a 00 si trans and im real happy with it, but your already wired for vtec so i would go gsr. i would also turbo instead of supercharge but its your car have fun, goodluck

I say go with a b18b1 if your on a budget, otherwise GSR all the way. Both swaps will bolt right up.

Thanks for the info guys. And well my budget isn't tight and I got nothing but time to work on it. Got about 4k bucks to get me started in the right direction once I get going can take my time and do a little bit at a time with it. I had seen the FAQ on the K20 but don't think I got that much time or $$ to do that so was looking for something a little more simple but still the gonads to drag around and show off.

Ok found an Integra with the B18C GSR in it. My mothers second husband ( lord only knows how many she has had after him ) works at a Junkyard. Called him up last night and he took a look around. They got two in the lot.

So what I need to know is what all do I need to snatch out of the Integra to make the swap?

Granted the engine will sit on a stand until it is completely rebuilt but would like to grab all the harness and what not now so I dont have to go looking for them later.

Meanwhile I got him looking to see if they have a B18C 96-00 Type R sitting around in there also.... might get lucky and get an extra 20HP if they do.

Yeah the GSR motor is a great foundation to build on especially if you want to go with forced induction. Wiring harnesses aren't really a huge deal, those can easily be made to work. How much do they want for those GSR motors? Maybe I want one ;)

Well before I joined the military waaaaay back I used to work at that same junkyard. So the guy that owns it knows me. My stepdad ( not my stepdad anymore think my mom is on her 5th marriage lol ) has been working there for a bit. He is going to see what Johnny ( the guy that owns the place ) is gonna charge him for it before I go and see what he sells it to me for.

I will let ya know what the price is. My location is Alabama and if you are interested will let my stepdad know so he can put it off to the side. But ya gotta let me know.

remove the dx motor and go ls/vtec then turbo, youll be pushing almost 325hp!!!

Originally posted by obdtwointegra@Oct 28 2003, 12:12 PM
remove the dx motor and go ls/vtec then turbo, youll be pushing almost 325hp!!!

way to pull numbers out of your ass :newbie:

Grrr got the price on the B18C Long Block with GSR Head. Hmmm gonna have to wait abit cause its kinda more than I thought it was going to be. :(

But this guy is trying to sell from oil pan to crank + ECU. Think I might just save up the money and order. Think I seen one with Tranny and ECU for $3600.

ok then, go with a b18b1, they are cheap, and very turbo friendly. for 4k you can push more than 200 hp. b18b1 swap around 2k, custom turbo kit 2k. I'm almost finished with my swap and I'm peicing together a turbo kit. a stock b18b1 gets around 130 hp to the wheels in good condition. If you really want vtec then save, but I personally think a b18b1 has plenty of potential and will probably meet your needs.

Yeah really wanting vtec. Kinda figure a turbo'd vtec will do good. Looking at it this way. 1rst gear, take off, hit vtec, hit turbo. By this time the engine is cranking out the RPMS so that when you get into second you are right at vtec are already in it.

Correct me if I am wrong as I am very n00bish to the Honda motors.

corrected the spelling for brntorangehatch

:p

Sorry I am a Computer Tech by Trade

Back