95 JDM Auto GSR tranny

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Status
Not open for further replies.

jam0321

search found nothing,

will a 95 JDM GSR Auto tranny mount to a USDM B18A1?
If not directly, what do I need to make this happen?

I'm looking to build an Ls/Vtec with this motor and this auto trans.

Thanks for the help

I don't think so. There is still far more significant power loss with an auto trans vs manual.

still trying to find out if anyone knows if it will mount up with the current mounting brackets.

Last edited:
i believe it will mount.. im curently tring 2 make my usdm gsr an auto, i need someone to wire it up. got jdm auto, it bolted 2 engine good, minor issues at present with the mounts, but everyone is saying its next 2 impossibal 2 wire the jdm auto 2 my usdm car, impossiable 2 wire the jdm ecu and a jdm tcm to my harnes and car... good luck

whats it matter why? i cant drive my 5speed due to a fairly recent accident.. any help... i want to drive again and i want my gsr b18c dohc vtec...

y don't you wait to heal up so you can drive your car again or look for another car for transportation i would never switch my manual to a auto anyday of the week

Easy to say when you're not in his situation.. I have a friend that broke her leg badly with the bone sticking out and all that good stuff, and she hasn't been able to drive her manual trans going on 10 months now.

unfortuneatly im probable not going to get any better. its been a year and a half cence the accident. i have nerve damage in my right shoulder, no use of my r. arm, shoulder down. nerve damage in neck that makes my left hand all but useless at the wrist. MY ONLY OPTION IS TO MAKE THIS CAR DRIVEABLE. i know its a sin to slaughter a 5speed for an auto, and in any other situation i would not consider it, but im outta options.. i dont know a thing about automatics because i was a die hard gsr owner/lover.

well thats a different story... sorry about the accident man..... but ive heard nutting but bad things about manual to auto.... but good luck....

i need to find someone who can wire my 98 usdm gsr to an automtic tranny.. can anyone help me?? im told i need a jdm tranny because there are no usdm auto gsr's.

i need to find someone who can wire my 98 usdm gsr to an automtic tranny.. can anyone help me?? im told i need a jdm tranny because there are no usdm auto gsr's.

You can use an automatic USDM LS tranny, but the gear ratios aren't ideal for a GSR motor.

i explained on the first post ... i think. I'VE BEEN TOLD that the ls auto transmission will want to down shift when vtec kicks in, making it drop back out of vtec. ive been told alot of stuff, its hard to figure whats fact, whats fiction..

I don't see why it would automatically downshift when VTEC comes on if you stay on the gas. Either way, it's not an ideal tranny for a B18C anyway, the gears are way too long. I was just saying you could use it instead of the JDM auto GSR tranny because they're cheap and easy to come by in the States. It's not the best option, but it is an option.

I think the idea here is that the LS TCM will shift at the factory programmed RPM's for the B18b engine, which would be handicapping the GSR engine by about 1,000 RPM. It would be the same problem that the H22a auto trans swaps have where by using the H23 USDM auto trans and TCM the transmission shifts too early. It will hurt your performance, but other than that I don't see any reason why it wouldn't work.

yeah man sorry to hear about that just keep rocking the teggy anyway you can

does the jdm gsr auto have the tcm mounted in the ecu? is that what the 4 plug ecu's are, 4th plug for the tcm???? as apposed to the normal 3 plug ecu's?
does the usdm ls auto have a, seperate from the ecu tcm? where is the usdm ls tcm located?

so if i went usdm ls auto-- i would need the ls auto tranny, ls auto ecu, and ls auto tcm? then just wire in the vtec seperate??

if i went jdm gsr auto-- i would need the jdm gsr auto tranny, jdm auto p72 ecu??

BOTH OF THESE OPTIONS WOULD WORK?? JUST GETTING MORE PERFORMANCE FROM JDM SETUP???

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back