95 JDM H22 into 96 accord

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

LoudsilenceFD

I read the post thats slightly down this section concerning a jdm h22 swap with numbered questions to follow, but I still have a few questions. I have a 96 accord (manual), and I'm trading this guy my motor + cash for his JDM h22 and the components needed to make things work. He's giving me a p13 ecu for an automatic, but my car's a manual. Will this pose as a performance problem? Or will it be ok with everything if I use the auto p13 ecu? Will this ecu just clip right in?

Jeremy

P13 ecu is obd1, your car is not
it will not plug right in

and yes, the auto ecu will most likely throw a CEL...

and i would make sure the H22 is good before you trade
compression test it for sure

So the ecu wont plug right in? What's needed?

I heard that it will throw a CEL every now and then. But performance/technicality wise, any problems?

The H22 is coming out of his car. He said the compression is where it needs to be.

Jeremy

The H22 is coming out of his car. He said the compression is where it needs to be.

what the fuck does that mean?
lol

where it needs to be = it still runs...
he said = yea, ok...

compression gauge is pretty cheap for the assurance that you're getting a good motor...

P13 will not plug into your harness inside the car...
thats all there is to it...
unless you have an OBD1 car the plugs for the ecu are diffrent...
and i believe the P13 will throw a code cause it can't see your auto solonoid, cause its not there...

go to hasport.com and check out their site
look for OBD2 to OBD1 conversion harnesses... i know virtually nothing about OBD2 cars...

also keep in mind your states emissions regulations

Truth is the car isn't mine. I just talk like its mine so I don't have to keep saying "my friend", "he said" etc. But this is my friends accord and he's the one buying the H22. What I said earlier refers to what I have been told by my friend. Ok despite the whole compression/engine status, back to the ecu. My buddy does not want to get the conversion harness. He wants to cut the stock harness clip that goes to the accord ecu, and re-wire it to fit the pinouts on the p13 ecu clip. Will that work? Is there a wiring diagram for this? Please skip flammage. I already yell at him for it lol. But advice is much welcomed. Thanks for the input reckedracing.

Jeremy

Dude, rewiring the ECU is a bad idea. A conversion harness or OBD 2 engine and ECU are your best bets. There is nothing wrong with OBD 2 unless you plan on some serious upgrades in the future. In that case, you can convert later. You'll have your hands full before touching the wiring, so I'd leave it be.

Back