95 LS transmission Swap

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

mcash

Hi Everyone,

I'm new to the board, but I've been looking through the post, and I haven't been able to find the information I am looking for.

So, here is my problem. After looking at the B series transmission charts, and reading some of the tech dicussions here, I've come to the conclusion (maybe incorrectly) that pretty much any B - Series will bolt right on up. I'm looking to get the JDM S80, but, my question comes in flywheel/clutch replacements.

I am noticing that various flywheel manufacturers list differt part numbers for GSR vs ITR transmission. I am wondering if there are any considerations in flywheel/clutch and any "problems" I might run into, before I delve into a new transmission purchase.

Thanks,

Mike

Ok. So then any B Series parts are interchangeable, ie, the specs bolt paterns and whatnot are all the same.

Mike

well you have to get the correct tranny for your car hydro/cable or you can get a conversion kit

Blink1_8_2dude,

Right, both the LS and the (JDM or USDM) ITR are S80 hydro tranny's. That said, everything else should be ok?

99.9% of B series parts interchange, always exception of a couple odd ends.

like b16 said, :yes:

Back