95 Prelude build

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Hey first off im new to this forum and new to Hondas as well. I am fairly mechanically savvy so I just have a quick question now that i have figured out how to post on here lol. I bought a 95 Prelude after having a mechanic check out my car he told me its an SE model. Now heres my issue I checked out the motor because I was under the impression that the SE has a non VTEC motor in it (H23A1) which is what my block is. My head is however a VTEC head and I am wondering if it is indeed possible to have bolted the H23A VTEC head to the non vtec block.

Yes it is quite possible. tho it mike be an H22A head, more comenly known as the Frankenstein prelude build....

I did find out its an h22 head dual overhead cam so is this frakenstein build a good one or no and when I replace my head gasket should I get the h22 or 23 gasket

Use the H22a head gasket... I personally think the swap is crap due to the H23 redlines at 6500 rpm, while the H22 has oil squirters allowing it to go to 7,600... Just my 2 cents tho GL with it

H23s have bad rod/stroke ratio for a honda which would not make them the best block for a vtec head but its very possible. Good rod to stroke ratio is the #1 must for a high revving motor and the shorter the stroke is #2. And are you sure someone didnt just tap some holes and slap a vtec spool valve on the back with some wires ran to nowhere?

Back