95 prelude h22a1 swap.

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

ok guys im not a prelude guy and i havent studied on swapping h22s much. a friend of mine got a lude with a blown h23a1. he bought an h22a1 to put in its place. i did some searching last night and ive heard its an easy swap. i didnt find what i needed to know though. what do i need to wire up? and do i need anything else? we got motor, wiring harness, and obd1 ecu. we plan to use the h23 tranny cause he couldnt find an h22 tranny. i am going to be working on puttin it in today. so help me out asap. thanks :worthy:

if you got a full wiring harness for a H22 your set.

Make sure the ECU is p13

other than that its really straight forward. all the mounts are the same and the tranny will bolt up fine.

ok thanks reiko. i dont have to wire anything up??? and i also noticed that one of the plugs was slightly different. the one that came with the h22 has 3 plastic prongs and the prelude chassis plug doesnt. can i just cut those three prongs off???

ok i figured out the problem with the plugs and got it fixed. got it in last night and started it. we still lack an axle so thats whats slowin us down. but thanks for the help any ways

you can get the axel from oreilly's or autozone w/ a life time warranty. shouldnt cost you more than 100 bucks. just ask for a 95 prelude VTEC axle.

Back