96-00 B18b1

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

freshclive

hi i currently in the process of getting everything i need for an ls swap in my 96 civhatch....i've been pricing usdm b18b1 long blocks but was just wondering if there is any difference between the stand and the auto? of course iam getting the stand but there are alot more auto long blocks to choose from out there than 5spds....i know for example some engines have less aggresive cams from standard to auto....any input would be great :) just making sure i do all my homework ahead of time.

thanks
clive

Hey buddy, I just swapped in an LS into my 99 civic coupe. The block came from an automatic and only had 22,000 miles so it's fairly new. Think about it this way, since it came from an auto, it probably hasn't been revved on much which keeps the motor fairly new compared to a manual with the same amount of miles. I'm not sure if there's a significant difference between an auto and a manual block. Oh yeah, and I'm running a turbo too.

A reliable source (Honda Technician) told me it's the Cams, I dont know for sure.

Back