96-01 B18c/turbo 95 civic EX swap

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Ghostrider95

I have a 95 civic EX and am wanting to do a 96-01 GSR turbo swap. I want no more than 350H.P. The Parts I want are B18c full swap, full Turbo kit, ARP head bolts, new motor mounts walbro 225 fuel pump, new cam gears, 440 injectors, aluminum radiator, chipped ECU, 2.5 exhaust, and stage 3 clutch. my question first is if my parts list is correct for my H.P. goal, what am i missing? built bottom end? and do i need to wiring in knock sencor and V-Tec and do i need different axels? any help is needed! thank you!!!

With a stock rotating assembly i wouldn't go over 300hp if you want it to remain somewhat reliable. Your car is an EX so it's already wired for VTEC, however there is no knock sensor. Since you mentioned a chipped ecu i imagine you will be using one of the rom-editing options to tune like crome. In that case you will be using an obd1 ecu, so you don't need the knock sensor. You WILL need the larger fuel pump, you DON'T need new cam gears or an aftermarket radiator. Stock axles will be fine.

Also, this is the 90-93 teg/88-91 civic/crx section, so you posted in the wrong place. a mod will move this for you at some point i'm sure.

what would you need to replace on the rotating assembly to be reliable? if i bought new pistions, rods, and sleaves, can I use the stock crank with after market crank bolts?

Crank bolts? Do you mean main bolts? If so, you can leave those stock. 350whp is not enough to justify changing them. The stock crank, and sleeves will do just fine too. Pistons, rods, head gasket and head bolts are about the only things I would change for a 350whp setup. Stock GSR's have seen that power level just fine.

Back