96-97 ITR into my 89 CRX DX

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

ArmedFelon99

OK so I just bought my ITR motor today and it should be arriving in 3 to 4 days. I was wondering. I have a 89 CRX DX. My questions are.

Am I going to have a problem with the axles going into the DX hubs?

Do I have to buy hasport or innovative mounts to fit this beast in there or can I just use the stock ITR ones that it comes with?

Should I call up rywire and let them know that I need a jumper harness for the obd2 to obd0 conversion?

The ITR motor is coming from a RHD integra, so the seller told me that the wire harness that comes with the motor will not work with my setup and that I need any honda engine harness. Which engine harness do you guys recommend?

Anthing else I need to know about this swap into my 89 CRX DX that will make my installation alot easier and faster?

I know that this is probably one of the top knob questions around, but freak it I need to know. Can someone please explain to me what the heck is a dizzy:confused::confused::confused:

Its okay....I remember my first beer too (just messin' with you)

Dizzy....Distributor

I pretty sure JDM type r axles don't fit (95% sure) Some conversion should be found on this forum
You need the mount kit and buy a decent one (some are crap and locate motor improperly)
And a shift linkage for you particular swap (or cut and weld the one you get)

I am not sure about the wiring but I believe a Si harness for your hatch will work

Definitely cal Rywire for more info on the whole harness and OBD conversion

Or hopefully someone more knowledgeable will chime in

You have some major issues with wiring and what ECU to run. I know you can convert car to
OBD1 or stay OBD0....but when it comes to the ITR and OBD2...its been done plenty but
didn't find any on the link above (only looked briefly)

I am pretty sure you need your wiring harness out of the CRX and the motor harness
Someone (like Rywire) combines the two and then I think you can do the OBD2 ITR ECU
or a OBD0 PR3 chipped ECU

Thanks for your help guys. Funny thing is that some people tell me to do this and some tell me to do something else, so all in all am still confused. :eek:

Its not an easy swap (EF tuning is not for the faint at heart)

But it has been done a ton. Just start investigating how to manage OBD2 swap in your ride
There are different ways (based on various OBD conversions and such) and if I was you...I
would investigate them all and make the best educated decision.

Its not an easy swap (EF tuning is not for the faint at heart)

But it has been done a ton. Just start investigating how to manage OBD2 swap in your ride
There are different ways (based on various OBD conversions and such) and if I was you...I
would investigate them all and make the best educated decision.

Thanks for your advice. I am just going to hit up rywire. Because thing is I bought the CRX DX as a shell without a motor, so I don't have the stock engine harness to utilize.

Look into a EF harness (preferably Si) and it will probably be cheaper
I believe the important parts of the EF harness it where it connects to the
harness that leads into the cabin
Or...hell...I don't know....maybe they just have this stuff laying around....
but I doubt it for the model is getting pretty old.

Back