96-98 Honda civic engine harness

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Hton01

What is the difference between the 1996 engine harness vs. 98 engine harness??

if they are the same engine, the harness should be the same.. 96 and 98 are both OBD2 so there wouldnt be any changes

No difference except the EX has VTEC wires, a knock sensor wire and only 1 O2 plug on it (other plug is on cabin harness). HX also has VTEC/knock sensor wiring as well as EGR and a five wire primary O2. 5 speed is also only 2 wire. Both EX and HX 5 speeds have 2 wire IACVs.

its for an lx honda civic the 96 engine blew so i bought another one and it was a 98 engine both are non vtec. problem is the engine i bought had two extra sensors but they don't have anything to do with the engine, i don't think. help please?? If there's any problems i think the least thing i can do is just swap out the ecu to a 98.

What Should I do?? one of the sensors hook up on top of a little black box between where the battery and fuel filter is at. and the other sensor is located on the driver side strut tower. both sensors are on the 98 engine harness.

I havent hooked up all the hose's, connectors, transmission cable yet but im doing it tommorrow first thing in the morning. Wish me luck! I havent driven my honda in like over a year cause i didnt have a job to get the engine. so wish me luck u guys!

Back