96-98 vs 99-00 civic headlights

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Prowler

Super Moderator
i'm getting some 2000 civic oem headlights for my civic to experiment with and try to remove the amber reflectors from. is it a direct fit to my car, or what do i need to do to make it fit?

is that 99-00 lights into a 96-98? If so i don't think it'll be a good fit. The bumper, hood, and fenders are different between those two models (99-00 and 96-98). You could get 99-00 hood, fender, and bumper and they all should bolt right into your frame with no mods, the headlights too. oh, it has to be a coupe to fit a coupe. can't do with sedan, i don't know about the hatch...

Yeah the headlights definitely won't bolt up without modifications. In my 97 Civic, I broke the amber off in the headlight and then used two bent needle nose pliers and broke the amber up into small pieces and took them out. Be careful not to break the chrome in the headlight. I then made lower eyelids to cover the amber in the lower corner.

Originally posted by brasilianstreet@Apr 18 2004, 07:29 PM
what are the amber relfectors and why would you take them out?

the things that make your turn signal orange..

you can't have them white or blue thought, they gotta be brownish or something, just to let you know if you do change it to white or blue bulbs there is a possibillity you may get a ticket (in minnesota anyways)

Originally posted by revolution8k+Apr 18 2004, 07:46 PM-->
Originally posted by 90 accord@Apr 18 2004, 07:41 PM
brasilianstreet
@Apr 18 2004, 07:29 PM
what are the amber relfectors and why would you take them out?

the things that make your turn signal orange..

Those would be the amber bulbs, the amber reflectors are little pieces of amber...uh...reflectors, that reflect light back at another car to let them know you're there.

and why do you wana take them out than no one will see your lights?

Yes the couple partts fit on a hatch. my car is a 96 hatchback and I have a full si front end from a 99 si civic coupe. it all bolted up fine.

If you take the amber cap off (96-98) or the amber reflector off (99-00) just put an amber bulb in there. I have a 96 and don't have the amber cap in my Denji projectors and all i didi was pop an amber bulb and there and everythign is nice and clean

Back