96-98 Wire Harness

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

freshie

Well i just had a new manual tranny motor swapped into my car, But it was a 99-00 Motor and i have a 97 Civic, which was an automatic.

They tried using the 99 harness and ecu but they said speedo and such wasn't working with that harness, an imcompatibility or something, so i had them swap back in my 97 Automatic harness. My friend is going to be sending me a 96-98 Manual ECU and my question is can i use this no problems with the automatic harness? Will they both be compatible? I know the auto has an extra plug for automatic stuff, but not sure of what else and if that extra plug have any other wires on it that control anything else, since it won't be plugged in?

I'm also boosted, and need to wire up my blue box, so will i still be able to do this using my auto harness and a manual ecu?

any help would be greatly appreciated guys, i haven't driven my car in 5 weeks and im really desperate to get it back on the road

but otherwise it will run ok? the empty plug doesn't have any wires that control stuff on a manual engine right?

i miss my car :(

What trim is the car?

You might have to re-pin the IAC, auto EXs are wire the same as the non-EX models.(not sure, but if you have three wires to this plug then yes)

Back