96 Accord f22b2 non-vtec..to..vtec swap help!!!

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Ransell

I got a 1996 accord with the f22b2 engine for the lx that comes with no vtec im looking for some info on the things ill need to get vtec on it. do i have to change the comp or can i keep ir, or maybe the cables and harnesses i need please help me out thanks .....

I got a 1996 accord with the f22b2 engine for the lx that comes with no vtec im looking for some info on the things ill need to get vtec on it. do i have to change the comp or can i keep ir, or maybe the cables and harnesses i need please help me out thanks .....

What do you mean by comp? Computer, or compression?

Anyway, you'll need a VTEC head and ECU. You can most likely reuse the existing harness and just add wiring for VTEC...

I could be mistaken, but I think the ECU is already pinned for the VTEC solenoid and pressure switch.
Will need a head though. H22 or an F22B1, I know the F22B1 will work-not sure about the H head, ask questions.

I could be mistaken, but I think the ECU is already pinned for the VTEC solenoid and pressure switch.
Will need a head though. H22 or an F22B1, I know the F22B1 will work-not sure about the H head, ask questions.

I've never heard that, and I've been messing with Hondas for a good many years now...

Last edited:
Back