96 Accord JDM Swap Issues

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

jdlombardozzi

Hello Everyone,

I just found this forum and registered. Anyways my question is....

Q: My 96 Accord will turn over, fire, then bump like 2-3 times and shutoff. I cannot for the life of me find anything wrong with it. It is not throwing any code, either.

Background: I did a swap/replace of a F22B1 with a JDM F22, everything is in and hooked up. I ran a diagnostic on it, and it shows the Throttle Position Sensor at 12%, but everything else looks okay. If you could help, it would be greatly appreciated.

Codes wont tell you everything.
Clean your IACV and connectors for the TPS and IACV.
Are you comfortable doing electrical diagnosis, do you know how to use a dvom?

Hey guys, sorry for the late response.

ECU is fine. TPS and IACV are good too. I can do electrical diagnosis, just having issues.

Still having issues. Found out the timing was off 1 tooth, really gay, because I checked it plenty of times, but I guess that's easy to do. I did find 1 of the balance shafts was off 180. I fixed those issues, and fixed an issue I had with the TPS. The car is still funky. It started and ran for a couple minutes and stalled out, now.

Now the issue is it's throwing a Coolant Temperature Sensor code. It only ran when I removed it, but I know it's not bad.

Everything seems to be good going into the ECU, but I don't believe that something could be wrong with the ECU.

Any ideas?

Back