96 Accord SRS Light Stays on

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

SIRJR

I posted a while ago about my 1996 Accord SRS light that would intermittently go on and off, well now it is on all the time when the vehicle is running. I have a Acton code reader/scanner and it does not list any codes. Someone previously stated that the alternator(voltage regulator) could be a source of the problem; however, I do not remember what I should be looking for that would be considered abnormal with the voltage readings. Any other suggestions would be greatly appreciated so that maybe I can resolve the issue without going to the Honda dealer.

Steve

Since the car is a 96, the light could mean that it's time for the SRS ten year inspection. Just a thought. The light is on in my 97 Integra too, and I'm thinking that's probably what it means. Honestly I'm not really too worried about it.

Please tell me about this ten year inspection of the SRS system. I have never known about this. Is this something that has to be performed at a Honda dealer or can I do what has to be done? I would like to be able to do this to save $$$!

Thank you,

Steve

I think it requires the comp to reset the srs . I have heard a little bit about it. Funny how my honda is a 95 and in 2005 I never had it act up as yours is.

Back