96 Accord w/ H22A Swap (OBD1)

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

96Hybrid

Hi,

I just recently put an h22a into my 96 accord. The egine came out of a 1994 Honda Accord SiR. It came complete with engine, tranny, ecu, tcm, engine harness, alt, ps, ac, distributor. This motor has an internal coil. My car had an external coil. I did all the wiring correctly and triple checked to make sure all the colors are matched up perfectly. They were soldered and heat shrunk. The only problem I have now is that the car cranks over and gets air and fuel but no spark at all.:confused: I have checked the timing and its good. I am using the distributor that came on the motor. I was thinking the ignitor was bad. Any one with some info would be greatly appreciated. Thanks. Oh the ecu harness was made by rywire and all the wires are connected as well. Thanks

Hi,

I just recently put an h22a into my 96 accord. The egine came out of a 1994 Honda Accord SiR. It came complete with engine, tranny, ecu, tcm, engine harness, alt, ps, ac, distributor. This motor has an internal coil. My car had an external coil. I did all the wiring correctly and triple checked to make sure all the colors are matched up perfectly. They were soldered and heat shrunk. The only problem I have now is that the car cranks over and gets air and fuel but no spark at all.:confused: I have checked the timing and its good. I am using the distributor that came on the motor. I was thinking the ignitor was bad. Any one with some info would be greatly appreciated. Thanks. Oh the ecu harness was made by rywire and all the wires are connected as well. Thanks

check the coil. if its not getting power it may be bad so make sure that the wire that feeds the dist is getting power because if it is not then there is your problem. i had this same prob when i swapped mine but i gave up and made the car internal coil. i got it to go on the external but i kept having troubles. so make sure that the coil and dist. are getting power.

Help! H22a Swap Won't Start

Hey alll,
man i just swapped a h22a into my 95 accord lx, i got all the worring and everything done, and when i try to start the engine it cranks but doesn;t turnoever(start), i checked the distributor and its getting poeer and so is all the spark plugs,a nd the fuel line is getting fuel, i dunno why its not starting, any help would be much appreciated. one thing mi was thinking if myabe the injecters are blocked up, buit i was told that it was highly unlikely, i changed the fuel filter before the swap. thanks for any help or info.
nAZ..

well i had a belt a/c & alternaror that partly shredded and ciUt my crank sensor WIRES on a f22b and it did the same thing so look at ur wires check for juice A SHORTED OR GROUNDED WIRE around your coil/distributor [i swaped out the coil and distributor from 1 of my other 97 accord and still nothing bo spark @ plugs and was the timing wire sensor cut * I'm trying to swap a h22a obd1 to a obd2 96 accord auto also i sure could use your help if you don't mind? isn't there a ecm ecu fuse?
XIFORCE1/JAMES

h22a wouldn't start

hey thanks all for the info and advice, it was the injectotrs and distributor, car is running perfect, all i gotta say is maaaaaaaaaaann i looove Vtec. thanks again naz.
95 Accord Lx
H22A OBD1
empty cat, headers, widepipes.
240 hp.
17 inch wheels,
and kit
pics comming soon
Loving it

Back