96 accord with H22A BB4 wont start

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Kyle21nluvnit

Hey people I need some help with my engine swap. I am almost finished and here is what I have done so far. With the f22 out of the car I installed and made all the required modifacations to the accord harness and fixed it to my H22, I also got the vtec sub harness and OBD2 to OBD1 conversion harness. I have everything installed back into the car and it wont start. I started diagnosing and here is what I have come up with.
The car turns over fine, but I am not getting any spark. I ordered a new dizzy as I didnt know wether the sensors in it were good or not. I have the original ECU from the accord, the p13 from the H22 and a p13 with the hondata s300 installed. I have tried starting with all the ECU's and still get no spark. I have checked and rechecked all of my wiring and everything is perfect. I did notice something wierd though. When I hook up the S300 ecu and try to connect to my laptop it never powers up. So I checked all of the powers and grounds for the ECU they appear to be good, I have also checked all of the engine grounds and they are good as well.
One final question, at the passenger side of the engine compartment there are 4 connectors, 2 large one small and a 4 pin. The 4 pin contains 3 brown wires and one black. Did the 4 pin connect to the cruise control? or something else I dont have a plug for it. Any help is greatly appreciated.

Kyle

I was thinking about that. I have never replaced one its the PGMFI relay right? Is that likely since the car was running fine prior to the swap? I was hoping the relay was in the box that came with all the wiring from the H22A but alas it was not. Is there a way to test the relay without buying a new one? Thanks for your input.

Hmmm ok I replaced the main relay, and it still doesnt do anything. I think the old relay was fine as I can hear and feel it clicking when I turn the key on and off. My check engine light does come on but it stays on it does not go out. My fuel pump is priming. :( this is so frustrating.

Which ground is under the thermostat? I have the vtec grounded under the thermostat, another ground on the driver side attached to the intake manifold, a ground fromt he battery to the front of the car. Is there another that I am missing?

hey i have a 94 accord with a JDM H22..
i just got a standard swap done and now it wont start!
it will turn but wont fire.. im getting weak spark so i changed the alt.
and i believe all my grounds are connected there is only 3 right? i have brand new plugs, wires, and everything i could think of that would make it fire. been without my accord for 4 months and where the car is they don't know anything about it.. lol
is there someone that could possible help me out with this?

Back