96 accord with h22a

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

1996accordh22a

ok, i just picked up a 96 accord with a h22a swap.. the guy i got it from really knew nothing about the car and he got it from a family member like 3yrs ago . so needless to say im new to hondas, new to swaps..lol! ive been trying to do as much searching as possible but hopefully you guys can shed some light .. ok so its a 96 accord sedan, h22a motor, trans code says p2a5 so from what i googled says accord trans, 5spd btw.. now the ecu is a p13, actual code on it is 37820-p13-j50 556 jat. and it says written on it in a yellow marker HONDA VTEC A/T.. so im assuming the ecu is a auto?? is that normal beings the car is a 5spd? now one thing im running across is getting it inspected.. bought out of PA and live in DE..96 is obd2 and im thinking this thing is obd1 now.. had autozone hook up to the obd2 port just to see what happens and it just reads error.. now weird thing is PA does obd2 insp also and this thing was tagged, so unless he knew a guy at the local shop to pass him , which he seemed clueless on the whole thing and said he didnt know anybody.. this car will not pass inspection without that obd2 port working in DE anyway.. heres a quick pic i took of the harness going into the ecu, looks like some type of conversion harness.. can anyone shed any light on this is def a obd1 setup or..? can take pics of anything needed if you tell me were to look.. thanks!

IMG_20110207_231237.jpg

btw as far as the ecu being auto it seems to run fine? im not sure how its suppose to feel but seems ok to me. and it has a SRS light on as soon as i start the car and a CEL comes on after about 5mins of driving it.. can idle all day but doesnt come on until i start driving. not sure if there is a actual issue or the diff ecu throws these lights?

Back