96 B18b into 88-91 Civic Hatch

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

wanderinman

Ok, some of you may have seen my parts thread and know I wrecked my integra. Everything as far as running gear is still champion (drove it 4 miles from the wreck w/ no real problems). I want to pull the drivetrain out of my car and put it into a Civic Hatch of the 88-91 vintage (still looking for one). I searched the posts on putting OBD2 motors into OBD0/1 cars, and all of them seem to deal w/ people who got the motors and now have to go find other parts. Well I have the great pleasure of owning the donor car, so absolutly everything from the Integra is available. Given this information, what would I still need to swap my motor over to the civic?

uhm, mounts for b series into EF. thats about it. I believe you can run the engine OBD0. Just need to use your stock wiring harness (from the 88-91 Civic) and you should be golden. You would probably need a set of obd0 injectors w/resistor box (90-91 Integra or 88-91 Civic).

Uhm, I hope this helps.

if you keep it obd2 then you'll need a ecu adapter kit plus you have to modify your shift linkage, and if your going to use your hydro tranny you need the conversion kit. depending on the hatch you might need the hubs also, not sure if your integra ones will work or not.
my boy Estorvito has a hasport conversion kit hes selling for cheap
https://hondaswap.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=61066

No reason to run OBD2. That shit sucks.

Just run the car OBD0 with a OBD0 PR4, OBD Injectors and use a Cable LS Trans. You can probably sell your Hydro trans for the amount of what you would need to pick up the cable trans, injectors and ECU.

Ill have the ECU shortly $50 shipped (lower 48)

no reason. not many people like it. its too sensitive. i prefer obd1 over obd2a or b.

so... there ya go im sure someone other people will agree.

Anybody in the market for a hydro trans out of a 96 LS?

Also which flavor civic (std, dx, si) would be the easiest to use for this swap?

im doing the samething but im putting a obd2 ls in my obd0 ls. and on my harness they have two exta sensors in the back i think. im still stuck and need answers quick lol

b16a2 obd1 in 1991 civic hatchback

Im doing a swap in a 91 hatch civic and i need to know will me stock cv shafts fit my new ys1 trans?? thanks for the help

Back