96 b18c5 into a 99 gsr

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

hunter1989

im putting a 96 b18c5 into my 99 gsr and i really dont know much about the wiring harnesses and i was wondering if i can use my gsr harness and ecu or do i need the wiring harness and ecu for a 96 b18c5?

either harness will work
the ITR ECU would be ideal

just out of curiosity why are you doing this swap???
engine blown???

because from wut ive read the itr would be better platform to start with.. better internals and better head( which is pretty much a ported and polished b16 head)

with the money you will be spending on the ITR engine you could build the living hell out of the GSR engine... putting you WELL beyond the level of a stock ITR

what are your goals / plans for this car??

Last edited:
yea i know... im kinda leaning more to the gsr now. i want to put it over 300 hp i wanna do it n/a but im thinking about maybe a turbo.... i want to be able to drive it daily (in the summer) and it still be reliable and take it to the track alot to

300hp, B series, and daily drivable, simply doesnt happen NA... you will NEED to go FI if thats what your looking for

yea kinda figured that... would u think it would be best to keep the gsr head or should i get a b16 vtech head ported and polished?

Back