96 civic dx 99 civic si radio....

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

goldgreen90ef

goldgeen90ef
whats up i just got a 96 civic dx, with a stock am/fm, and want to put a 99 civic si cd player in it.....i dont know if ill need a harness, can anyone direct me in the right direction.... thanks

Correct me if i'm wrong, but according to this: Wiring harnesses, car wiring harness, car stereo wires, metra, best harness, into car, into radio, harness, car stereo, factory radio, pioneer, kenwood, clarion, eclipse , 96 harness is different from 00 CIvic harness. Check and see if it works. if it doesn't, you'll need to go to a stereo store, honda dealer, or walmart =) and get the right harness that will plug into the 00 Civic SI CD player. Personally, I have a 2001 Prelude cd player in my SI and I love it! Sounds much better than the EX/SI cd players i've dealt with.

No Problem, I know where you're at. I used to have a 00 EX and did a full 00 SI conversion... However, the 00 EX and 00 SI are pretty much 100% interchangable.

whats up i just got a 96 civic dx, with a stock am/fm, and want to put a 99 civic si cd player in it.....i dont know if ill need a harness, can anyone direct me in the right direction.... thanks

u will need a reverse radio harness for a 99-00 si, i got mine from best buy,

Last edited:
Back