1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

96 civic dx 99 civic si radio....

Discussion in 'Civic and del Sol - EG and EK' started by goldgreen90ef, Sep 30, 2007.

1. goldgreen90ef

goldgreen90ef goldgeen90ef

whats up i just got a 96 civic dx, with a stock am/fm, and want to put a 99 civic si cd player in it.....i dont know if ill need a harness, can anyone direct me in the right direction.... thanks

2. Agent_EM1

Agent_EM1 New Member

Correct me if i'm wrong, but according to this: Wiring harnesses, car wiring harness, car stereo wires, metra, best harness, into car, into radio, harness, car stereo, factory radio, pioneer, kenwood, clarion, eclipse , 96 harness is different from 00 CIvic harness. Check and see if it works. if it doesn't, you'll need to go to a stereo store, honda dealer, or walmart =) and get the right harness that will plug into the 00 Civic SI CD player. Personally, I have a 2001 Prelude cd player in my SI and I love it! Sounds much better than the EX/SI cd players i've dealt with.

3. goldgreen90ef

goldgreen90ef goldgeen90ef

ya i just want this one cause its gt the amber display, match my gauges...thanks for the info..

4. Agent_EM1

Agent_EM1 New Member

No Problem, I know where you're at. I used to have a 00 EX and did a full 00 SI conversion... However, the 00 EX and 00 SI are pretty much 100% interchangable.

5. civic4g63

civic4g63 New Member

u will need a reverse radio harness for a 99-00 si, i got mine from best buy,

Last edited: Oct 15, 2007
Verification:
Draft saved Draft deleted