1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

96 Civic Dx with D16a Swap Help please

Discussion in 'Civic and del Sol - EG and EK' started by redek6, Jan 24, 2011.

1. redek6

redek6 New Member

Im new to this so bare with me please. So i have a 96 honda civic. It had a blown motor so i bought a JDM D16a from some guy local. I swapped my distributer exhaust manifold intake manifold used my original tranny, ecu, all that jazz. So i basically just used the bottom end. It didnt have a Vtech solenoid so put my head on it. i got the swap done and it starts, runs and doesnt die but im having a couple of problems. One When i start it after probally 30 seconds it starts idling up and down. I think its a couple of vacuum hoses hooked up wrong. so any suggestions anyone have a vacuum wiring diagram? Second thing is that when i press in the clutch its fine when i let go i can hear a light grinding noise and my car moves forward on flat surface NO its not in gear i press in the clutch and put it in gear and let go of the clutch i have movement Could this be the Throw out bearing? Please help??:confused::confused::

2. redek6

redek6 New Member

Please help me i dont know what to do i think that the idle air control valve isnt hooked up right i took it to advanced auto and they looked why my engine light is on it said IAC Valve high output please help

3. fakespooneg

fakespooneg New Member

as far as the up and down rpm, check your tpms

Verification:
Draft saved Draft deleted