96 Civic Dx with D16a Swap Help please

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

redek6

Im new to this so bare with me please. So i have a 96 honda civic. It had a blown motor so i bought a JDM D16a from some guy local. I swapped my distributer exhaust manifold intake manifold used my original tranny, ecu, all that jazz. So i basically just used the bottom end. It didnt have a Vtech solenoid so put my head on it. i got the swap done and it starts, runs and doesnt die but im having a couple of problems. One When i start it after probally 30 seconds it starts idling up and down. I think its a couple of vacuum hoses hooked up wrong. so any suggestions anyone have a vacuum wiring diagram? Second thing is that when i press in the clutch its fine when i let go i can hear a light grinding noise and my car moves forward on flat surface NO its not in gear i press in the clutch and put it in gear and let go of the clutch i have movement Could this be the Throw out bearing? Please help??:confused::confused::

Please help me i dont know what to do i think that the idle air control valve isnt hooked up right i took it to advanced auto and they looked why my engine light is on it said IAC Valve high output please help

Back