96 civic Dx

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

For the money i think he should just swap a b18c or h22a.

If he's got the money for a K20 and he's willing to spend it, I'd say do it. I love the B18s and H22s just as much as the next Honda guy, but there's no denying that the K-series is superior in every way...

i have a suggestion.. POST IN THE CORRECT FORUM NEXT TIME... your car is not an EP, FA, or FG

That video proves nothing, I could make a ripper video that would look just like that with my little B16. I vote the OP B swaps it, cheap and easy as compared to the K/H/J swaps.

And Im with you VTEC, K>J.

well the k20a by the time you get t in the civic will, be around 210-230 whp. and its a lot lighter motor and shorter geared

are you serious??? so just because you swap the K-series in a civic it instantly gets more wheel horse power? The K20a stock has 200 CRANK hp. so to get 230 wheel hp its gonna be at least 240-250 crank hp. Where does all that "magic" hp come from? Dude you make no sense.

Last edited:
are you serious??? so just because you swap the K-series in a civic it instantly gets more wheel horse power? The K20a stock has 200 CRANK hp. so to get 230 wheel hp its gonna be at least 240-250 crank hp. Where does all that "magic" hp come from? Dude you make no sense.
dude learn to read up on things before you get all head strong, to put a k20a or any k series in another car such as a civic., you will need k-pro and to do the k-pro correct you will need to have it dynoe tuned, and that alone will give it any where from 210-230 whp.

dude learn to read up on things before you get all head strong, to put a k20a or any k series in another car such as a civic., you will need k-pro and to do the k-pro correct you will need to have it dynoe tuned, and that alone will give it any where from 210-230 whp.

truth to you good sir and for you mr billy badass you fail good day sir!

Haha my bad dude, i completely forgot about having to k-pro it lol.

Hey im new here, but i have a 98 civic dx coupe.. i have a japanese b18b1 with everything ( eng. tranny, axles, shift levers, computer, mounts) but if computer is bad or goes bad can i just use a normal b18b1 or gotta be japanese? or can i use a jap gsr or type r comp? its out of a 98-2000 integra.. and how much would it cost around for a used one or new?

Back