1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

96 civic EX... b16A SiRII

Discussion in 'ECU's, Electronics, and Tuning' started by skillz2k5, Mar 7, 2005.

1. skillz2k5

skillz2k5 Senior Member

I have a 96 civic EX with a d16y8 in it (of course) that decided to "blow up" on me. So I ordered a B16A SiRII and I am needing to know what what the hell to do about my wiring harness mess. Should I go buy an OBD I wiring harness and ECU?? Is there any way to use my existing wiring harness?? Everything came with the motor I ordered as far as alternator, ECU, tranny ect. I swapped the fuel injectors from my d motor to my b motor to work with my current wiring harness. The ECU the company sent me is also an OBD II ECU so I have no need for a conversion harness at this point if I can use my existing d series harness that is in my car now. I also have a new dizzy on the way to match my OBD II wiring harness. So will someone please tell me where to start or what I need for this mess.

2. DelSlo

DelSlo Senior Member

not too much of a mess there.. it can be figured out with some help of ppl

keep your obd 2 harness then since you dont have a harness for the b16. everything should plug in, you will need to extend some plugs probably. not a huge deal. you will need an obd 2 alternator out of an 96 + integra, or 99-00 Si. everything else should plug in.
    im not sure about the dizzy i know obd 2 uses a crank sensor at teh crank and obd 1 just uses the dizzy, so im not entirely sure if obd2 dizzy's have the TDC sensor inside still. someone else will have to answer that
    youll prolly have to change some coolant hoses,

wiring isnt the only issues youll have. shift linkage and rear engine bracket. but you might already know all that since you only asked about wiring.

thats all i can remember changing, but im sure someone else will be able to add on to what i said. theres a start.

3. skillz2k5

skillz2k5 Senior Member

Hey thanks alot for the info. I do have the wiring harness that came on the b16a SiRII like I had said. As far as the shift linkage I do have the shift linkage and an integra alternator already on and the motor mount is on its way. I have to say that this forum is deff full of really smart people. About what you were saying about running extra wires... I did see a couple of connectors my harness in my car did not have, that's not a big deal. Some of the connectors however do not match (from my OBD II harness in my car to the B16A SiR II motor) so should I splice the connectors from the B motor on to my existing wiring harness??

Verification:
Draft saved Draft deleted