1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

96 civic ex clutch!!!!!

Discussion in 'General Tech and Maintenance' started by DenkiEx, Jul 3, 2005.

1. DenkiEx

DenkiEx Junior Member

hey just had a new clutch and fly wheel put in bout a month ago, whenever i push the clutch in it squeeks not the pedal but the clutch itself did this once before and i replaced it cause it was do for a new clutch anyways, if anyone can help me out on how to fix this id be verry greatfull.

thanks

2. VTECPOWER

VTECPOWER Senior Member

Idk man, my 97 civic ex does this too, squeeks when i press down the pedal, maybe something to do with the clutch cylinder? Maybe try bleeding it? Bleeder is down by the tranny.

3. phyregod

phyregod !!YTINASNI

most of those squeeks come from the spot where the ball on the slave cylinder pushes on the arm that goes into the transmission. It'll squeek like hell if there is no grease in it. Get some grease in there, it'll probably clear it up.

Assuming you have a hydrolic clutch :blink:

4. DelSlo

DelSlo Senior Member

hes exactly right, thats what it is, not a huge job at all, pull the two 12mm bolts that hold the slave cylinder to the tranny housing, pull it off and goober on a healthy amount of grease. put her back together!! done like dinner..

also yeah he has to have a hydraulic clutch, 93 + civs are hydraulic, :)

get her done buddy!!

Verification:
Draft saved Draft deleted