96 civic ex clutch!!!!!

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

DenkiEx

hey just had a new clutch and fly wheel put in bout a month ago, whenever i push the clutch in it squeeks not the pedal but the clutch itself did this once before and i replaced it cause it was do for a new clutch anyways, if anyone can help me out on how to fix this id be verry greatfull.

thanks

Idk man, my 97 civic ex does this too, squeeks when i press down the pedal, maybe something to do with the clutch cylinder? Maybe try bleeding it? Bleeder is down by the tranny.

most of those squeeks come from the spot where the ball on the slave cylinder pushes on the arm that goes into the transmission. It'll squeek like hell if there is no grease in it. Get some grease in there, it'll probably clear it up.

Assuming you have a hydrolic clutch :blink:

Originally posted by phyregod@Jul 4 2005, 11:00 AM
most of those squeeks come from the spot where the ball on the slave cylinder pushes on the arm that goes into the transmission. It'll squeek like hell if there is no grease in it. Get some grease in there, it'll probably clear it up.

Assuming you have a hydrolic clutch :blink:
[post=520381]Quoted post[/post]​

hes exactly right, thats what it is, not a huge job at all, pull the two 12mm bolts that hold the slave cylinder to the tranny housing, pull it off and goober on a healthy amount of grease. put her back together!! done like dinner..

also yeah he has to have a hydraulic clutch, 93 + civs are hydraulic, :)

get her done buddy!!

Back