96 civic Muti Misfire Help.? Please....

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

uasfineasme

Its a 1996 honda civic ex, It just all of a sudden went from running fine to misfiring like crazy... I noticed that the cat was glowing red... So what I've done, got a new cat, new o2 sensors, same codes, which are po301,po303,po304,po1300, So bugging me i went ahead and got new plugs, wires, cap, and rotor, same thing, then a new dizzy, same, new timing belt, timing tenshener, and timed it, same deal, pissed off i went and got a newer motor, and a newer ECU, still the same codes, I'm wondering if anyone out there had an idea of where to go next... Thanks chris.

Could be Air fuel ratio problem or a bad ECU? Check any of them yet? If your runnin lean youll get a bunch of glowing parts, and knock like crazy, but i think those EX, im pretty sure you have the D16Y8 engine, they dont have a knock sensor. Not likely to be your ECU but if its an air fuel ratio problem i could be anything in your fuel delivery system. Check for pinched fuel lines, replace your fuel filter, maybe even have your fuel pump bench tested. Also check any vacuum lines u may have running to your fuel pressure sensor attached to your fuel rail. If a vacuum line is plugged or ripped that could also affect air fuel ratio. If all else checks fine, check out everything in your air system.

I already went and got a different ecu, and same dealio, And yes it is a D16y8, sorry forgot to throw that out there. And i just replaced the knock sensor, broke both them on both engines trying to take off, very brittle, but replaced, ive gone over it many times these last couple weeks, started off with the simple common stuff to the extrem of changing it all out, i'm starting to think maybe there is a short, or something electrical gone wrong, it was very weird how it all came to happen, but my brain is going nuts trying to figure it out, figured maybe someone, somewhere might have had the same problem, or know of someone who has....was thinking about changing out the harness to see if that makes any difference.

Damn dude. With all that u have swapped out it shoulda fixed the problem. Did you try any of the fuel system stuff i was talkin about? Yeah if you have a low voltage ground on the negative side it can cause weird electrical shit too. I work on locomotives for a living and we get high and low voltage grounds on them all the time. A shorted wire in your wiring harness could be a problem too, but you should have other problems elsewhere too. Thats some wierd mess. Check out the blog i posted with my wierd problem on my car too

i got a 96 civic misfire on1 3 4

changed or spark plugs wires rotor and rotor cap ans coil motor is still misfireing think about changeing out crank poitoin sencer this guy a a honda dealership said i need a new head well used head are a injecters are ecu i need help guys and girls

I knw that clogged fuel injectors can do it! My chassis has 350,000 on it and had worn a hole in the fuel pickup strainer sock from rubbing on the bottom of the tank. If you have rust in your tank it will clog your injectors providing you have no secondary filter. Thats what happened to me anyway! Hope it helps & good luck.

Yeah, I'm having the same exact problem... Just randomly happened while I was driving. Replaced plugs, wires, cap and rotor (code came back in 15 miles). Replaced igniter (code didn't come back until I pulled a steep hill after 150 miles) [note it was a used igniter]. I ordered a new distributor, but I recently noticed my battery terminals were crazy loose (i could lift them straight off the terminals). I just replaced them, started it and it idles smoother than ever. Taking it for a drive today, i'll let you know how it goes. I have heard loose battery terminals can cause a misfire, so you may want to check that too.

My bad, I was in class, trying to rush, I didn't even think to look at the dates. But thanks man, I made a new thread

Back