96 civic/ob1 p30ecu/96 civic dx harness

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

thistoeun

i found the schematic of the wiring on the ob1 p30 ecu on the sir b16a second gen. and the obd2 civic lx(non vtec) wiring harness. i did connect the vtec pressure switch and vtec solenoid right but the vtec isnt working. what do i have to do? is there a valve sensor or something thatll allow the pressure switch and vtec solenoid to work that i dont know about. please help.

Last edited:
You left out some key info, you are running an obd1 b16 motor in you obd2 non vtec civic right? So i assume you are using a jumper harness to use the obd1 p30 ecu and you ran the wires for vtec into the jumper harness correct? Well if you are still not getting vtec than you must have messed up the wiring somehow. Did you run the wires before the jumper harness or after? Need more info to help.

nope

no i have an obdII to obdI conversion. and theres this site about the ecu. obdI motor with obdII harness (nonvtec) with conversion kit to obdI ecu. the ex harness works well vtec starts at 4500 but this dx/lx harness has no vtec (the car did sit for a month or so)the ex harness is gone tho. a cousin says its the solenoid itself.but ill see. test and tune.

Back