96 civic with d16z6

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

stedscivic

so my buddy has a 96 civic and let his mom drive it to tennessee somehow the car ends up with no antifreeze or engine oil in the antifreeze couldnt understand what he was saying on the phone but the engine is done

here is the question

ive got my d16z6 from my 94 civic and want to know how much is involved in swapping the older d in?

the only thing i can think of is OBD I to OBD II can we just switch it to OBD I with a p28 ecu and be done with that?

what about the mounts are the d's all the same even though the body style changed?

hes not going to do a gsr swap or anything like that its just a daily driver

Was his Civic vtec? If you so (even if not) just swap complete intake manifolds and distibutor, If his was not a vtec, just use his ECU, it won't look for or active vtec, so it won't preform it's best, but it will go. If his was, once again, use his ECU and it should be all good.

Originally posted by 92b16vx@Jun 16 2005, 02:26 AM
Was his Civic vtec? If you so (even if not) just swap complete intake manifolds and distibutor, If his was not a vtec, just use his ECU, it won't look for or active vtec, so it won't preform it's best, but it will go. If his was, once again, use his ECU and it should be all good.
[post=512786]Quoted post[/post]​

yeah his is the EX so it is vtec
all we would need would be his intake manifold and distributor since this is the case?

I would think that work vs gains he would be doing just as good swapping just the IM.

Back