96 Civichb Need Help

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

drccivichb

just got a 96 civic hatchback. don't know what kind of motor swap to do. just to let you know i don't know anything about hondas. so any help would be great thanks

Originally posted by sohcslammer@Jun 9 2003, 07:00 PM
H22. Boost. 'Nuff said.

yeah if your looking for a drag car

what do you plan to do with the car (daily driver, drag car, autoX, road course, etc...)
whats your budget like
these specifics will help us recomend an engine swap that is better suited to your wants and needs

all right it's going to be a daily driver. money is kind of tight. i want vtec but also want to turbo (heard that vtec engine's don't work that good?)

as I've read E_SolSi post

"ANY engine can be turbo'd
there is no "best engine to turbo"
look around .... theres about 143890417809 topics about turboing shit
do some research
make a decision of what engine is right for you"

he knows nothign about honda's, and you guys are telling him to swap in the hardest motor, and to boost it on top of that. what the fuck is wrong with all of you? you should be ashamed.

dude, if you are brand new to hondas- do a butt load of reading, or you are going to get ripped off, buy the wrong thing, or even worse.

if you have a 96 hatch, in my opinion, the BEST swap for your daily driver with some more pep is a 96-98 GSR b18c1, usdm (united states domestic market) motor.
it will plug right in if you get everything required- motor, tranny, ecu, wire harness, axels, etc.
only change you need to do is to buy a couple misc. mounts from the 99-00 civic si, of which detials of can be found in our swap section under 6th gen basics.

everyone has their opinion of what is the BEST motor, but for your expereince level, and desired goals, i feel as if the above motor is your best option. it will cost about 3500 bucks, plus 150 for the mounts you need.

I was kiddin' P.O.S. :p
Drccivichb - Pissedoffsol is right, I said H22 + Boost because for all out power in honda swaps you can't beat it. 'course it's a brutal swap not to menion price/reliability/tuning/etc...
You really can't go wrong with the B18c, it's a great base motor to go psi or all motor, it's very versitle. (sp?) Look into the GSR tranny for all motor or the LS tranny for boost. Also look into an LSD no matter what.
BTW - welcome to Hondaswap!

B18c is a great starting point no matter what you decide to do later. You have good gearing, a 1.8, and a solid performer.

Milan

Damn Milan, you joined a month after me and you have TWICE the posts. :thumbsup: I guess you have twice the amount of information to share... ;) Back to the subject...

Pissedoffsol is right! I used to be a sleeper 96 hb cx but now I have a 98 B18c JDM GSR and I am happy with its power. go to www.hmotoronline.com they have GSR jdm for about $3100 i dont remember the exact price but i got my for $3540 ship complete with everyting need and all you need are the driver side mount and the rear mount from a 99-00 si. You could used your stock harness, but for simplicity go to a local jurkyard and buy a 96-98 ex soch vtec wireharness for about $50-100, i got my for $50 and go from there its not that hard to do the wireharness once you had done it once or seen one that is already done. although I didnt do the wireharness myself, I paid someone to do it for me, but when you decide to go for the B18c1, I could send you some pic of my engine bay and you could do your own wireharness.

first sorry i haven't been on for a while but i've been working and sleeping lol so. also thank you for all your help but i've be thinking about the b18c5 ( type R 96 jdm spec) cause i can get it for pretty cheap about 600 for just the engine ( sounds pretty good) whould that be a pretty easy swap??? or i might go with a civic type R jdm spec about the same preice.

i want to now where you can get a b18c5 cus if your real about it im interested

oh ya go with teg type r over civic and from what ive heard its not easy

Originally posted by cvichb@Jun 17 2003, 09:28 PM
i want to now where you can get a b18c5 cus if your real about it im interested

I'm in also thats a great price,is that just the long block or the full engine,can you get me one......or two, or four.

as far as the swap goes the swap section here should have about everything you need,I know the EG-C5 swaps are super standard and the info in all the toolbar[?] buttons is worth many a good look...........start there

Well, if I didn't get so pissed off at clubsi.com then I probably wouldn't be here. I have a lot of posts only because I just graduated from college and have spare time to type shit up. I lost all my posts on clubsi.com something like 3k over a year or so and when I came back all the idiots were trying to call me out and using the infamous "newbie" term. But all in all who really gives a shit anyways, as long as I can help.

Milan

Back