96 DX w/ power locks and windows?

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

hey. does the 96 civic DX come w/ power locks and windows? I'm buyin a 96 DX shell, i was just wonderin if it comes with these. I know it doesnt come with cruise or sunroof. but im gettin those for cheap. the car is black, so i dont have to worry about non color matchin mirros and door panels. is there anythin else the DX shell doesnt have from the LX or EX shell? this guy is also hookin me up with 2 different harness, an obd1 and obd2 harness so i dont have to worry about the wires for the vtec. i also want to get a sunroof from an EX, how much has that cost for anyone who has done that here. also, while i am on the topic about conversions, does the SI have a different exterior front end length than the DX, LX, and EX? i noticed alot of people doin this front end conversion, and i tried to do research on all of this, but msn autos sucks for info.

PS. im dropping a b16 in this shell. the shell already has b series mounts and linkages.

thanks,
Joe

Nope

DX lacking from LX:
No power mirrors
No power locks
No power windows
No cruise

That's about it. I have no clue about the front end lengths... but the LX was only a sedan up until the current generation, so it will be slightly different. The 96-98 front ends are also different from the 99-00, so you might have to do some fender splitting to get everything to match up.

And there is no wiring for a vtec in a DX, you have to add it. DX is a non vtec car.
Except since it all ready has the mounts for a B series motor maybe it has the wiring. That is if it was a vtec motor. Who knows?

Back