96 ek sedan f22b2 high rpm sputter

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

jpeacock86

Yes I swapped in an f22b2 because thats all i had lying around after i trashed my h22. Anyways heres a list of whats done to it for now...

stock f22b2 with 5 speed trans out of 1995 accord, im running a stock exhaust manifold, short ram intake, h22 throttle body, h22 obd1 jdm injectors i believe theyre 345cc? not positive but everthing else is stock also running the stock p2e ecu

The car runs and idles fine except the rpm jump between 1500-2000 rpm but thats another story ive been hunting that problem down for about 3 months still no luck, the main issue im having is the SPUTTERING, at high rpms usually around 5700 is when it starts. its really rough at the end of each gear like a sputtering, backfiring popping type thing thats really aggrivating especially when trying to run someone and they pull on you because you drop power at higher rpm... any ideas would be greatly appreciated because its really starting to piss me off

Last edited:
Back