96 Ek w/ 96 b16 radiator hoses...

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

NARKOSIS

Just finished searching on here about the radiator hoses when swapping in a 96 b16 into an ek hatch. People have different opinions on which hoses to buy. I need to stop by the auto parts store tonight and order all my misc parts.

Do I need both the upper and lower rad hoses out of a 99-00 si? Or just one or the other? Are these a direct fitment? Also read some people mentioning the Del Sol vtec radiator hoses?? :confused:

Go to Honda and tell them you need the radiator hoses for a 00 Civic Si and make sure you tell them it is for a B16 or they will get you the wrong ones. All you need is a little WD40 and those puppies will slide right on.

the del sol hose is for a h22a swap i would think just get si hoses

there is my problem. A lot of people think it will work. but ive searched for the answer and here are some examples of what im getting...

. use your stock radiator. just get a lower hose for a 92 integra ls and an upper for a 99 civic si. youll have to buy aftermarket hose clamps for the radiator because the D series hoses are smaller than the B.

comment pointed at above statement...

and Id like to see the hose clamps that allow you to use the stock rad and not spew water all over the place.

another answer...

94-01 teg any trim level should fit with no mods.

and another...

use a Del sol DOHC vtec upper radiator hose with a ladder clamp on the radiator end, will fit like it came that way

can ya see my confussion? lol

Go to Honda and tell them you need the radiator hoses for a 00 Civic Si and make sure you tell them it is for a B16 or they will get you the wrong ones. All you need is a little WD40 and those puppies will slide right on.

Im holdin ya to that! ;)

that is cool. i just swapped a b16 into my civic and i bought hoses for a 00 civic si and they worked and fit perfectly. you can hold me to it and its fine. i can get you the part numbers if i still have my receipts and bags. you want them?

that would be great man, thanx. How much did they run ya?

i think i paid like $13 for the upper and $22 for the lower. but i went to every parts store and always got hoses for the SOHC D. i even told them i need the hoses for the DOHC and they didnt carry them. save yourself the hassle and go to Honda and order them.

just outta curiousity, did they carry them in stock or did they have to order them? If the ladder, how long did it take to deliver? Installing the motor this Sat/Sun

If you call or go up there today they should be in by friday. i would call and ask. i ordered mine on a friday late in the afternoon and they were there by tuesday the next week. They may have them in stock but the honda dealer i went to did not

sweet, thanx for the help man. Do you have those part numbers just so i KNOW they order/give me the right ones? lol

Also, if a mod sees this... could you add the needed radiator hoses to the "B series into EK Civic" thread under your "Swap Articles" section. That was the first place I looked :D

I am not sure if this is the part # for the upper or lower but I think it is the upper. You can ask them when you get there.

Part# 19501-P30-000

grrr... the 3 local honda dealers all say earliest delivery will be monday unless i want to pay the $25 for overnight for a friday delivery... decisions decisions... im not the patient type lol

that sucks... but i know they will work... let me know how things turn out and if you have any ?'s cause i literally just finished my swap not 60 hrs ago so it is fresh in my memory. if you have any more issues just holla.

Last edited:
Back