1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

96 EX distributor wires order

Discussion in 'General Tech and Maintenance' started by DwnShftPrincess, Nov 10, 2005.

1. DwnShftPrincess

DwnShftPrincess Senior Member

I changed my distributor cap last night and replaced the wires the way i took them off. car crank and ran fine as usual. i took a look in my haynes maual out of curiosity for the order. it says they go in a clockwise order of

(pitcure the distributor)

haynes manual way

4 1
    3 2

my car runs (my way)

2 1
    4 3

when i did it the way in the manual my car went to hell. my way works. so whose right [​IMG]

2. civicious

civicious FüK-VTEC VIP

Hayne's is wrong. The firing order is 1-3-4-2.

Hayne's manuals SUCK. I wouldn't trust them for shit. I remember when I was building my b20/vtec, it said to torque the cam cap bolts to like 84 ft/lb. I believe the correct torque is 20 ft/lb...

Fuck Hayne's.

3. DwnShftPrincess

By the way the #2 wire is the longest. #1 is second longest. #3 is third longest and #4 is shortest. is this right?

4. DwnShftPrincess

Also, my distributor cap has a raised A on it. I'm not sure if that indicates the number one spot and if it does it is on the number 4 spot. someone help please beause now i am horribly confused.

Verification:
Draft saved Draft deleted