96 Ex shooting fire

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

DwnShftPrincess

I just got my car back and I had a problem with my catalytic converter and come to find out it was clogged. We cut it off and now its loud as hell, but the only problem now it that everytime I shift down to 3rd going around 70-80 fire shoots out of my muffler. And my car seems to have lag in it, can anyone explain what the hell is going on??????

too much fuel??? i don't know why it'd start doing that after taking the converter off. mayber it was clogged b/c you're running pretty rich and now that it is off, that extra fuel is combusting in the exhaust.

WEll when I had another motor installed everything on it was pretty much stock, the guy just did a regular swap. I never got a chip installed it just started doing it like 5,000 miles after the new motor was in. How do you reset your ECU?

is the car throwing any codes?

Originally posted by DwnShftPrincess@Apr 1 2005, 07:09 PM
Only the check engine light and the abs
[post=481502]Quoted post[/post]​

Yeah after my swap it began to lag a little and when shifting to a lower gear at a high rpm flames came out of my pipe too, nothing was wrong with my cat though i pulled the code and it was code 7 which for me was the TPS (throttle position sensor) i replaced that and havnt had any problems sense

that sounds like my problem to, so i'll see what codes its shooting then i'll go from there. Is there an aftermarket one or is the oem one just as good?

Back