96 gs with lsd???

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

1badteg

I have always been told that if both tires spin you've got lsd. My 96 gs teg with a stock b18b1 engine and and stock s80 transmission will spin both tires thru 1st. So i looked up lsd and it says nothing about both tires spinning all it says is that lsd is a housing that distributes power evenly and allows one wheel to spin faster/slower than the other. Im new so help me out! Thanks in advance.

sometimes things happen at the factory that are unexplainable, they are called factory flukes, the s80 in japan did come with lsd, and you may have one. The best way to check is to jack up thye front of the car, put it in gear and spin the wheel on one side of the car, if the wheel on the other side spins the same direction, then you have lsd, if the other wheel spins the opposite direction or not at all, then you don't

You don't have an LSD.

Try this, leave it in 1st and go around a corner at 3500 RPMs or so. Stomp the gas mid corner. See that? Peg-leg city.

both tires spin the same direction when i jack it up. thats really strange. and i also tried the corner thing and i had no slippingon the inside tire at all. the guy i bought it from was 45 and was the only owner? i did a car facts report and it says he was telling the truth. what the hell is going on?

Back