1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

96 honda accord ex

Discussion in 'Accord' started by 5ives, Aug 12, 2007.

1. 5ives

5ives New Member

Ok i own a 96 honda accord ex 4cyl 2.2l vtec.

i would like to know what i could so to the engine to fix it(to get more hp) up as far as performance parts go or what kind fo engine i could swap it out with(maybe an h22a or something)

don't havce a turbo yet but first i wanna make sure i get a strong engine with good parts that can handle a turbo

2. boostedf22

boostedf22 dis is why im not

that engine is plenty strong to hold boost , Maybe the weakest link would be the ring lands , but a proper tune on boost , you can see 250 or a lil more safe on a f22. F22 motors love boost since being a torque built motor .

H22 swap is ok IMO , but Dont think about boosting that motor with out seeing the mahcine shop.

3. 5ives

5ives New Member

really im kinda new to this and i didn't really know my car had potential until i started punching it over past few weeks then decided to get online to see what i could do to get some real hp. the engine has a lot of miles on it so i wanna try and replace any part that may need to be replaced for better and safer performance. what kind of boost do you think i should look into?

i did see a turbo kit for sale that will give 56% hp boost at turbo-kits.com. also what could i do as far as exaust goes to make my car sound good. i don't want it to sound like too much rice but more of a deeper roar.

any ideas?

Last edited: Aug 13, 2007
  4. Mr_RC_COLA@hotmail.com

Mr_RC_COLA@hotmail.com New Member

I have recently added a dual exhaust system to my 2000 accord, I was looking for the same thing and I was pointed toward a company called flow pro. the mufflers have a deep aggressive tone to them and I am highly satisfied with them. Just a suggestion

Verification:
Draft saved Draft deleted