96 honda accord ex

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

5ives

Ok i own a 96 honda accord ex 4cyl 2.2l vtec.

i would like to know what i could so to the engine to fix it(to get more hp) up as far as performance parts go or what kind fo engine i could swap it out with(maybe an h22a or something)

don't havce a turbo yet but first i wanna make sure i get a strong engine with good parts that can handle a turbo

that engine is plenty strong to hold boost , Maybe the weakest link would be the ring lands , but a proper tune on boost , you can see 250 or a lil more safe on a f22. F22 motors love boost since being a torque built motor .

H22 swap is ok IMO , but Dont think about boosting that motor with out seeing the mahcine shop.

that engine is plenty strong to hold boost , Maybe the weakest link would be the ring lands , but a proper tune on boost , you can see 250 or a lil more safe on a f22. F22 motors love boost since being a torque built motor .

H22 swap is ok IMO , but Dont think about boosting that motor with out seeing the mahcine shop.

really im kinda new to this and i didn't really know my car had potential until i started punching it over past few weeks then decided to get online to see what i could do to get some real hp. the engine has a lot of miles on it so i wanna try and replace any part that may need to be replaced for better and safer performance. what kind of boost do you think i should look into?

i did see a turbo kit for sale that will give 56% hp boost at turbo-kits.com. also what could i do as far as exaust goes to make my car sound good. i don't want it to sound like too much rice but more of a deeper roar.

any ideas?

Last edited:
I have recently added a dual exhaust system to my 2000 accord, I was looking for the same thing and I was pointed toward a company called flow pro. the mufflers have a deep aggressive tone to them and I am highly satisfied with them. Just a suggestion

Back