96 honda accord non-vtec to a 97 vtec engine

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

janetp13

Im changing my 96 honda accord automatic lx non-vtec engine to a 97 honda accord ex vtec engine. Would the 97 vtec engine fit in a non-vtec honda accord? Is it different wiring or what do i need to make the change?

it will drop right in and wire right up just like stock nothing needs to be changed the only thing you will have to do is run a few wires for vtec

Im changing my 96 honda accord automatic lx non-vtec engine to a 97 honda accord ex vtec engine. Would the 97 vtec engine fit in a non-vtec honda accord? Is it different wiring or what do i need to make the change?

Have you purchased the motor yet? Is there anything wrong with your stock LX engine? Honestly I'm not sure if that swap is really worth the time and money you'll put into it, it's gonna give you what, 15 horsepower?

If you haven't already bought the engine then I'd think about an H22 or a turbo setup for your stocker before you buy...

Have you purchased the motor yet? Is there anything wrong with your stock LX engine? Honestly I'm not sure if that swap is really worth the time and money you'll put into it, it's gonna give you what, 15 horsepower?

If you haven't already bought the engine then I'd think about an H22 or a turbo setup for your stocker before you buy...

Yes, i bought it already because my other one wasn't working. just wanted to know what it needs to be installed.

Back