96 Honda Accord

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

ROCK

i have a question-is it possible to put a 99 honda accord lx motor into a 96 accord body.and if possible, can the gear box that i have mount to it?

It's definitely possible (if you're talking about the 4-cyl). All the mounts should line up, the OBD classification is the same, and you can use the tranny if you want.

The question, though, is why? You're gaining one-tenth of a liter of displacement, a few foot-pounds of torque and about 10 horses, all for almost what it would cost to get an H-series engine in there.

this is true about that engine. why spend a couple grand for 10 more hp when you can spend it on a H22 that has up around 80 more hp (Type-S). Just sayin.

Originally posted by HatchSpeeD@May 20 2003, 09:44 AM
96 accord is obd2?

Yep.

91 and older: OBD0
92-95: OBD1
96+: OBD2

It's why Honda made sort of a "5A Gen" and "5B Gen" Accord. The 94-95 Accords had different taillights, different front emblem and a few other tweaks from the 96-97 Accords, but they're all considered 5th Gen Accords. I think that, since they were changing all the OBD shit in the chassis and engine, they took the opportunity to make some styling changes as well.

I know this is sorta off topic, (plz dont kill me) but for integra's, obd1 is 94-96 correct?

Just curious for future reference.

Originally posted by HatchSpeeD@May 20 2003, 10:53 AM
I know this is sorta off topic, (plz dont kill me) but for integra's, obd1 is 94-96 correct?

Just curious for future reference.

No, the Integras follow the same pattern as the other cars.

Back