96 Honda Civic Ex With H22a

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

h22aCivicEX

I just bought the 99 JDM h22a type-s 220hp@7200 30,000 miles on it for $2800.00, Compression Ratio: 11.0:1 and going to swap it into my 96 civic ex coupe. My question is , how fast do you think i can run the 1/4 mile in? Also how hard is this swap with bracket kit? ANy ideas on how to reach the 300hp+ range , please let me know. Thanks in advacne for the replys.

300 hp = turbo kit. Or you could get it from going n/a. Bottom end + high compression pistons + port/polish + T/b you could get those numbers.

And that install (the h22) isn't exactly going to be butter her up and slide her in. It's not impossible, but by no means the easiest.

h22aCivicEX Posted on Mar 29 2003, 08:01 PM
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
My question is , how fast do you think i can run the 1/4 mile in?
well since i don't know you or know how much you excercise i don't really want to try and guess.

but i've heard of people trying the h22 for a drag motor and being able to run the 1320, and some can even do it in the 12's w/ full interior.

THanks for the replys. This is my first import car Im going to tune. I want this to be a daily driver. Im leaning towards a turbo. What do you think would be more efficiant NOS or Turbo. Also would like to know the internals I need to change for a turbo. ALso how much boost will I have to run to meet my 300hp range? This is my first engine swap and just would like some pointers on what and what not to do. Thanks again.......... Oh yeah who makes a turbo kit for the the h22a 220hp engine. :)

Well, I said fuck it and going to go with venom2000 nitrous system. 100shot.changing pistons, connecting rods, cylinder head, fuel pump, yada yada. That will get me where I want to be. What do you guys think. Flame away....

i say go for it, nitrous i a very useful horsepower adder, just one thing though, save it for the track, please.

Back