96 Integra Swap Problem, need help!!

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

SE-Rious_91

im doing a swap for a friend.. he brought me an JDM OBD1 B18C engine and his His stock block is B18C1.... everything looks fine and the same.... but theres a problem the engine he brought me, it doesnt Have a Crank Position Sensor.....is there anyway i can put it in... or i cant use the engine...... or i have to buy an OBD2 engine??? anyone???

i think they do but i have remove alot of crap to put it in... i think i have to remove the oil pump cover and put the other one in.... what happens if i dont put it in....

it will make the car run like crap

you have to use the oil pump from the obd2 and the timing belt cover.

r u sure, cuz one of my friends told me that if the crank doesnt have the holes for the crank sensor i cant use it, i have to get an engine with the holes on the crank... or if the crank already has the holes.... so far i removed the timing belt cover and i cant find the holes for the crank sensor.... or i have to remove the oil pump to find out???...

im really confused, i was looking at some b18c1 GSR cranks on ebay and they dont have holes.... so this will work just by switching oil pump covers????

yes i am sure. i have a obd2 block and didnt see any holes in the crank. the crank sensor reads off the timing belt cam on the crank. the crank sensor sits on the outside of the oil pump. your going to need the gear, the sensor, oil pump, and the obd2 lower timing cover

The crank angle sensor picks up its pulse from the timing belt gear that resides on the crankshaft... All you have to do is swap the oil pump, timing gear, and lower timing belt cover from the OBD2 motor to the OBD1 motor and it will work fine. I've done it several times.

Back