1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

96 JDM ITR swap into 2000 GSR

Discussion in 'Integra' started by valleysyder, Feb 15, 2010.

1. valleysyder

valleysyder New Member

before any of u tell me to hit search .. i searched ht , google and this site .. most of the info i retained didn't help out my situation

ill start by telling you guys i purchased my cousins old 2000 gsr 4dr sedan (obd2b).. for dirt cheap ..

i got offered $3500 for my old swap(91K) installed into another car .. i plan on selling it to fund a 96+ JDM ITR swap

ive done plenty of b series swap before .. just never dealt with a chassis like my 00 gsr which has immobilizer ..

need the swap to be CEL free ..

will doing the swap and using a jumper harness to utlize my obd2a ecu cause any check engine light ? also will i still be able to check ecu/cel codes using a different obd2a apose to my original obd2b ?

any help is greatly apperiated

2. valleysyder

valleysyder New Member

bump need help

3. eg6sir

eg6sir Supa Mod Moderator VIP

use an 00-01 ITR ecu?

4. CAFROG

CAFROG Honda Minion VIP

I don't know much about the immobilizer but have heard swapping out of an 00/01 is a little more difficult (in lets say my 92 hatch) but not sure about going in reverse (older motor in a newer 00/01 Integra). I would think any part that is necessary would be on the 4-door now but thats just me trying to be logical....no experience on the particular matter.

5. valleysyder

valleysyder New Member

cant unless i want to have a new key programmed to the 00-01 itr imbolizer ecu ..

6. eg6sir

eg6sir Supa Mod Moderator VIP

why would you need a key programmed to the ecu.. the immobilizer unit is at the ignition, not the ecu.. so it would stay the same

i would think the ecu would read the immobilizer unit being there if its hooked up and your key is sending the frequency

7. CAFROG

CAFROG Honda Minion VIP

I do think that the key and the ECU are in sync with one another. Thats why I heard its hard to swap one into a OBD1 car. But you might be able to put a JDM 00/01 ITR ECU and it will talk to the ignition system just fine.

Verification:
Draft saved Draft deleted