96 lx auto tranny noise

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

FaSFood

there is a noise that's coming form my tranny only in neutral or park not while in gear

have you popped the hood while its on? does it sound like its in the block? also feel the calve cover, can you feel it when it clunks?

yea i have i thought it was a rod bearing at first then i took a pry bar and put it to the block it was faint then i put it to the tranny and it was loud so the i took off my little access panel and hand cranked the motor to see if the flex plate was cracked then looked to see if the torque converter welds were broke but nothing so I'm thinking its something internal that i cant get to...i also checked the torque converter bolt and they all were tight

lol yea the bearing was goin to be my guess, sry i couldnt help, im interested in what it could be... are you the original owner? is there any maintnance history? i got lucky on mine the previus owner kept everything... i dont know much about autos and just barely learning about manuals... if it was manual i would of guessed a spring in the clutch fell out maybe? is there something simular to that in autos?

hmmtorqe converter, gonna have to read up on that.... im sure the right person will chime in soon hang in there...

Last edited:
lol its cool i dont kno what owner i am of the car but i believe im the second owner of the motor and trans because my brother in law onwed the car before me

Back